VOSYSwitch enables NFV Networking Infrastructures high performance virtual switching
NFV Virtual Switch comes with OpenStack integration
The current trend in telco networking and datacenter deployments is the adoption of Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV). SDN aims to replace traditional high-complexity distributed network management and configuration protocols with a simplified, programmable and centralized networking solution; NFV, on the other hand, leverages virtualization techniques to run network functions in virtual machines, in order to improve flexibility, scalability and at the same time to soften vendor lock-in in future datacenters.
This video demo showcases both performance and OpenStack integration of the Virtual Open Systems user space high performance virtual switch, VOSYSwitch. Such an integration deployment of VOSYSwitch with OpenStack is running on a dedicated compute node. VOSYSwitch networking software stack is based on and it extends the opensource framework SnabbSwitch, by the implementation of additional features, by stretching performance in specific use cases and by providing commercial support.
The evaluation scenarios showcasing the performance evaluation include:
- Single NIC to VM traffic, demonstrating TCP throughput with 1, 10 and 100 parallel streams
- Service chaining performance demonstration through firewall, NAT and TCP servers
- HTTP server handling 500 thousand requests, sent in 200 parallel streams
- A mixed test case scenario, where the service chain is overloaded with TCP throughput and HTTP requests
VOSYSwitch manages to achieve a TCP throughput of nearly 10 Gbps with a single virtual machine and exceeding 6Gbps when service chaining 3 VNFs. Moreover, during the stress test (consisting of a sustained TCP throughput traffic along with 200 parallel HTTP streams), the web server under test is able to serve 95% of the requests within 22ms latency.
- Kvm on arndale exynos
- Kvm armv7 multiple guests poc
- Kvm full virtualization on vexpress
- Kvm vs tcg virtualized guests
- Byod android kvm on cortex-a15
- Kvm android guest on arm fastmodels
- Vosyshmem api remoting
- Virtual bfq in action
- Vosyswitch interop2017 shownet arm server
- Kvm virtualization training video
- Vosyswitch odp armv8
- Vosyswitch interop
- Vosysmonitor als2016
- Vosysmonitor als2017