Job Position for Mixed Critical Virtualization R&D Software Engineers
Nowadays virtualization is emerging as the key technology to enable a wide range of use cases on top of modern multi-core heterogeneous hardware platforms in many market segments, including automotive, industrial, IIoT, edge gateways. Reputation of expert linux software engineers might depends more and more on acquired knowledge on virtualization technologies and related specific requirements in virtualized environments, namely based on modern complex SoC systems.
Linux kernel and embedded system virtualization software developer engineer
Job openings at Virtual Open Systems reflect a challenging and multinational working environment, enabling motivated candidates to acquire competitive skills and to become a reputed expert in the industry's movement toward the usage of mixed-critical virtualization technologies. Contact us now to schedule a first discussion about Virtual Open Systems jobs open positions. The environment in Virtual Open Systems allows autonomy, experimentation and empowerment, but the candidate is requested to show initiative and innovation driven attitude and be able to produce demonstrable results.
About Virtual Open Systems
Virtual Open Systems is an independent SME with highly skilled resources, worldwide customer base, and innovative business models with strong expertise in mixed-critical virtualization, low level programming in Linux and RTOS, applied to complex multicore heterogeneous systems for automotive, industrial, edge computing markets. Virtual Open Systems has been a first contributor in porting KVM development to ARMv7 architecture and continued to support ARMv8 SoCs, while specializing into mixed-critical virtualization for a variety of processor architectures (ARM, x86, Risc-V). The company embraces open source culture and it is located in Grenoble, France.
Virtualization job offer description
The selected candidate, a highly motivated Linux skilled professional, will join Virtual Open Systems to contribute to the development of the company mixed-critical virtualization roadmap for various processor architectures (ARM, x86, Risc-V).
Required Education and Qualifications
The candidate shall have an university degree in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
Required essential skills & experience:
- A Strong Background in operative system in particular Linux
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ and assembler
- Experience of device driver development
- Linux Kernel programming experience
- Hands-on experience in software developing for multicore embedded platforms
- Documented contributions to at least one open source software project
- Excellent communication skills and good teamwork are needed
- Excellent technical writing skills in English and optionally French
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Experience with source versioning systems, in particular GIT
- Flexibility, pro-active and result driven attitude
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Working experience on KVM, QEMU or any virtualization techniques
- Deep knowledge of the processor architectures (ARM, x86, Risc-V) and related assembler
- Knowledge of modern multicore architecture
- Experience of software optimization and instrumentation
- Experience of system-level programming on Android
- Understanding of generic power management techniques
- Experience with scripting language (Python of preference) to automate recurring tasks